Benefits Of Massage
How Massage Therapy Helps You:
- Pain relief! From muscle tension, fatigue, fibromyalgia, overuse.
- Improves range of motion. Tight muscles and muscles with "knots" are shortened muscles. To lengthen muscles through massage increases range of motion.
- Increases circulation. Increased blood flow means more oxygen and nutrients at the cellular level to all tissues including vital organs.
- Stimulates lymph flow and supports the body’s natural process of detoxification.
- Boosts immunity.
- Increases white blood cell production which increases the body’s immune function. Stimulates the lymphatic system which increases the body’s immune function.
- Increases Natural Killer Cells which is the body’s first line of defense against invading organisms or illness.
- Reduces scar tissue.
- Reduces swelling.
- Quicker healing time from injuries or surgery.
- Can reduce frequency or severity of headaches.
- Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles.
- Reduces stress. It is estimated that approximately 90 percent of all diseases arise from the stress we carry in our lives.
- Sounder sleep at night.
- Prevents PMS. Decreases pain, decreases water retention, decreases mood swings.
- Lowers blood sugar levels.
- Lowers cholesterol levels.
- Decreases frequency of migraines